Thread: David Lynch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Re-watched Lost Highway last night... I made sense of Mulholland Dr. and Inland Empire, but I still have no idea about this one. Unless you take him morphing into Pete as something that's physically happening, and that Robert Blake is some sort of demon.
    i've always thought that the part where a place is described where you're sealed in, never knowing when someone is going to walk up behind you an put a bullet in your head (poorly paraphrased because i haven't watched it in a while), is a metaphor for the entire film. he's stuck in a constant cycle of his own, self-created hell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've always thought that the part where a place is described where you're sealed in, never knowing when someone is going to walk up behind you an put a bullet in your head (poorly paraphrased because i haven't watched it in a while), is a metaphor for the entire film. he's stuck in a constant cycle of his own, self-created hell.
    Just in case someone out there hasn't finished watching Twin Peaks...

Spoiler: But what about the beginning of the film, and how it relates to the end ("Dick Laurent is dead")? Is anything we see in the film actual reality then? I don't know... I see similarities between Bill Pullman's character and Leiland Palmer when he's possessed by Bob in Twin Peaks, so that lead me to come to the conclusion that a lot of the movie may actually be happening.