Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Kmfdm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This new cd is… Odd but very good, admittedly I had to double check it was them I was listening to…

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So Sascha popped up on the Classic KMFDM fans FB group last week grousing that it had turned into more of a Pig shilling page, mouthed off as usual, ran his mouth a litte, stirring the pot as he likes to do, said Raymond would never have gone anywhere without KMFDM, there are no real men anymore, blah blah, and it looked bad.

But on the plus side it started me on another classic KMFDM kick, which just led to my discovering that some kind soul out there uploaded a metric fuckton of oldschool demos some months back, not only some interesting Nihil stuff but a bunch of En Esch demos, some of which were slated for the original version of Apart - not the late-period proto-Money one Sascha and Wax Trax put out a few years ago.

Reddit thread

As a reminder, the tracklist as given by Sascha on that classic fans group some time back was:

A)
    THANK YOU
    MONEY
    SEX ON THE FLAG
    BLOOD
    HELP US, SAVE US, TAKE US AWAY
    SPIRITUAL HOUSE

B)
    APART (working title for Split)
    ROCK THE MOB
    (SWEET) VENUS
    BOMB & BREEZE
    ALLES IST MEINS

It's...kind of easy to see why Jim Nash rejected En's half of the original Apart album in spots, sad to say.

Apart/Cheesy Demos:

- A pretty neat early version of Split with En on lead vox. Slated for Apart, later version of this wound up on the Vogue single
    - Slated for Apart, wound up on Cheesy. This version hits hard in a different way, I like it.
    - - Slated for Apart, wound up on Cheesy. Also, lol
    - Never slated for Apart, went right to Cheesy
    - Slated for Apart, wound up on Cheesy
    - Never slated for Apart, went right to Cheesy
    - This form was slated for Apart and split into two tracks, Ich Bin on Cheesy, Alles Ist Mein on Pigface's Fook.
    - According to the reddit post this is actually a KMFDM outtake despite it being labelled under En Esch.
    - Might be called El Ritmo Barbaro or Rave

Nihil demos:

- Instrumental
    - Incomplete but neat
    - Holy shit, listen to this one!
    - Interresting. Sounds kinda oldish.
    - Neat

Shit man I gotta go lie down, I can't handle all this coolness.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 06-09-2024 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Formatting screwups