Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Goon Moon

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Goon Moon

I know there are some fans here.

I do wish Jeordie/Fred would hurry up and finish fucking with Manson so they can get back to this band. They're one of my favorites.

For the uninitiated, they're basically a stoner-rock group fronted by Jeordie White (Twiggy Ramirez) and produced by Chris Goss (QotSA, Kyuss, etc.)

I uploaded this track to YouTube today, so give her a listen. It's one of their unreleased MySpace 'demos'.

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 04-18-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is Licker's Last Leg their only release? I do like several tracks off of that. I dig the song!
    Last edited by Mech; 04-18-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Is Licker's Last Leg their only release? I do like several tracks off of that. I dig the song!
    No, they put out another record (EP?) called 'I Got A Brand New Egg Layin' Machine'. It's not very good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wait what does Fred have to do with Goon Moon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Wait what does Fred have to do with Goon Moon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    He's been playing bass in Goon Moon since 2007, I believe.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    huh. I did not know that. Is that how he got introduced to Manson?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    huh. I did not know that. Is that how he got introduced to Manson?
    I'm assuming so. I think Fred and Twiggy have been friends for a while now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goon Moon were doing some recording in a studio sometime last year, but not much has been talked about since then. Chris Goss said somewhere that they were going to do a whole album in that studio time, if I'm remembering correctly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Noog Noom (The Rarities)

I have something that might be of interest to you Goon Moon/Jeordie White fans out there: http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2910518/ This is all of the Myspace songs that are unreleased and some rips from Jeordie's youtube channel as well. I also included a live track of Jeordie singing "Fred's Got Slacks" with A Perfect Circle. None of this has been commercially released so I think this link is legal to post. If not let me know and I will remove it. As far as I know this is the most complete collection of all their rarities that I know of. I have been sitting on it myself for a couples years with the intention of seeding and just now got around to it. If anyone has anything that is not included in this please let me know! Anyways, Enjoy!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    I have something that might be of interest to you Goon Moon/Jeordie White fans out there: http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2910518/ This is all of the Myspace songs that are unreleased and some rips from Jeordie's youtube channel as well. I also included a live track of Jeordie singing "Fred's Got Slacks" with A Perfect Circle. None of this has been commercially released so I think this link is legal to post. If not let me know and I will remove it. As far as I know this is the most complete collection of all their rarities that I know of. I have been sitting on it myself for a couples years with the intention of seeding and just now got around to it. If anyone has anything that is not included in this please let me know! Anyways, Enjoy!!!
    I had every single one of those rarities, demos, live and unreleased tracks. Then my computer crashed. never could get them, ever again.

I also have a live recording of Goon Moon performing The Dope Show at a show in San Fransico from 2007. Good quality. I'll upload if someone is interested.

I like this band, yes I do.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-18-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Cool, I'll grab it. Thanks!

@Space Suicide, it looks like his torrent includes the dope show

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Cool, I'll grab it. Thanks!

@Space Suicide, it looks like his torrent includes the dope show
    Sweet, then disregard my last post. Original uploader: did you happen to get a few of these off PirateBay in 2008? If so I was the guy who uploaded it but after my computer crashed I could no longer seed it and soon everything went dead. Here's the old ass link I speak of,

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4551217

Looks like there's seeders now, what fresh hell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These have always been my favorite songs:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember reading about something called the SNOCAP recordings. What were those?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I can't be assed to check your torrent right now, but let me know if there's anything I have that you don't have. I'll gladly upload it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    that demo you posted, that bass line sounds simuliar to Mintue of Decay.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    that demo you posted, that bass line sounds simuliar to Mintue of Decay.
    If you're looking for Manson similarities, check out Somewheretohide or The Dog 2. They're both on YouTube (they use the same riff, later recycled for MM).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    If you're looking for Manson similarities, check out Somewheretohide or The Dog 2. They're both on YouTube (they use the same riff, later recycled for MM).
    Somewheretohide is basically Four Rusted Horses.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Somewheretohide is basically Four Rusted Horses.
    So is The Dog 2. It's basically Somewheretohide, but not as shitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ohhh yeah this is gnarly thanks .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I never downloaded anything of TPB but I did do some trading of songs on the old ETS. The rest I just ripped from youtube or myspace myself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    and Harry I am missing a few of those tracks and I don't have the live show at all. If you want to upload a zip of all of them or a torrent that would be badass!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A vinyl rip of LLL says what?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Goon moon are great... Listen to "tip toe" and "apple pie" ... I get more of an early manson vibe of that than the last two albums twiggy did for manson