Thread: Shitty Movies - So bad, they're bad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    There Will Be Blood: it was well-made and well-shot, and well-acted. I just found the story and the message too bleak: watching it made me feel miserable and uncomfortable. Maybe that was the intention, but I did not enjoy the experience one bit. I found the ending horribly and unnecessarily violent. Spoiler: He'd already screwed that poor guy, there was no reason to kill him too. Maybe it did not also help that when I saw it at the theater, the third Mars Volta dude was sitting right in front of me. I can see why people enjoy this, though, unlike:

Batman Begins: Batman Begins is one of the most boring films I have ever seen. The acting, the whole thing is pretentious and takes its self way too seriously. Batman has nothing to do with ninjas in Tibet in the snow, sorry. The cheesy, sentimental music was also way too loud. I saw this movie in a very uncomfortable setting with my ex's family, so I guess that didn't help. And Cillian Murphy wtf: why not just get Justin Bieber next time. Also the batmobile looks like a robot's turd. How can you take all the great work Tim Burton did to rescue Batman from the TV show and make it cool and dark again, and fuck it up like Nolan did? I don't get it.
    The Dark Knight: I dig the scenes with Heath Ledger, he makes a fantastic joker. But everything else is pretty worthless, from Christian Bale's idiotic voice to Michael Caine's fawning. It's sad to see all these great actors (Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman) reduced in this way. What totally and completely killed this movie for me was Harvey Dent: not only is his volte-face completely unbelievable, but the face below is too dumb for words. It's like something out of Dick Tracy. Except it's meant to be serious, not a joke.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 04-25-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spoilertron

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    There Will Be Blood: it was well-made and well-shot, and well-acted. I just found the story and the message too bleak: watching it made me feel miserable and uncomfortable. Maybe that was the intention, but I did not enjoy the experience one bit. I found the ending horribly and unnecessarily violent. Spoiler: He'd already screwed that poor guy, there was no reason to kill him too. Maybe it did not also help that when I saw it at the theater, the third Mars Volta dude was sitting right in front of me. I can see why people enjoy this, though, unlike:
    There Will Be Blood is without a doubt the best movie of the past decade. great soundtrack, great acting, direction. a tale about the darkness of a selfmade man.

now talking about shit, Project Cloverfield.