Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Ibanez, if you have cubanmislcrysis, then yes its me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    What does everyone think of the non-UNSC Primary loadout weapons? I just the the Assault Rifle and DMR, I was thinking of switching to the suppressor but I don't want to waste my SP on something that's exactly the same as what I've got.
    I love the Surpressor, it can do some serious damage up close, but at range it's awful Its like a mix between the Assault Rifle and the Saw, lots of ammo, but no range. I feel like it kills faster up close than the AR. It's good fun on close in maps or gametypes where you'll be up close like King of the Hill or Dominion.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I am SO IN LOVE with this game.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Ibanez, if you have cubanmislcrysis, then yes its me.
    Ah, nope, don't have you. I'll send you an invite when I'm on later.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I fucking love the song that plays in the background on the Spartan Hub/Infinity Main Menu.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished the campaign on normal. Don't think I'd stand a chance playing Legendary.

"I've always been a coward, baby"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Finished the campaign on normal. Don't think I'd stand a chance playing Legendary.

"I've always been a coward, baby"
    I'm on the second last mission on legendary. If you're not a fan of screaming at the tv and generally stressing the hell out then I'd reccomend staying the hell away. Jesus H Christ!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I'm on the second last mission on legendary. If you're not a fan of screaming at the tv and generally stressing the hell out then I'd reccomend staying the hell away. Jesus H Christ!
    Or you could just play 4 player co-op.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, co-op might seem like my best bet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's become somewhat of a tradition to do my first Halo playthrough on Legendary solo. I do enjoy it even if it's not so obvious when you see me sitting there swearing at a console. A 5 minute fight turns into a good hour or 2. On that note, do they actually have 4 player co-op in this? I know of Spartan-Ops but I haven't actually checked for the regular campaign mode

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    It's become somewhat of a tradition to do my first Halo playthrough on Legendary solo. I do enjoy it even if it's not so obvious when you see me sitting there swearing at a console. A 5 minute fight turns into a good hour or 2. On that note, do they actually have 4 player co-op in this? I know of Spartan-Ops but I haven't actually checked for the regular campaign mode
    Yeah but it's odd as you all play as Master Chief. There doesn't look like it has matchmaking, then again I played with my friends in a private lobby so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh well, still pretty cool. I suppose there wasn't really any way to incorporate co-op and make sense at the same time. Just glad to hear its in there

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The impression I get, you have to be a party to co-op? Maybe I can play on heroic to get a better feel for it?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm really impressed with the way they went through everything about Halo and just fixed or improved it with this game. There are lots of clever, simple solutions here to long standing problems with the game, competitively speaking. They've even managed to add a bunch of cool new features in. The whole experience is streamlined in a way that mostly makes sense.

I also just played a team oddball game where i picked up the ball in the first 15 seconds, and then heald it the ENITRE GAME! stoked.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Halo 4

I'm REALLY loving this. Wish there were more maps. But, I've been having a blast with it. Doubt I'll be putting it down any time soon.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Legendary is so HARD! Maybe i'll play on Heroic and try easing into it some...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So, I will be online right now in a bit. If anyone is interested, hit me up to get a big team going, hell maybe if enough people are on we can have some custom games.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just bought the game after much deliberation. I know I'm friends with a few people on here already but if not... FearTheFin

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I cannot wait. I need some new maps.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    The Crimson Map Pack is showing up for free from the "Xbox LIVE Marketplace" selection from the main Halo 4 menu. Probably a glitch, but I just downloaded it successfully for nothing. From anywhere else, it's listed at 800 MSP. Just thought I'd toss this out there...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    The Crimson Map Pack is showing up for free from the "Xbox LIVE Marketplace" selection from the main Halo 4 menu. Probably a glitch, but I just downloaded it successfully for nothing. From anywhere else, it's listed at 800 MSP. Just thought I'd toss this out there...
    if you got a special or limited edition of the game, i believe that's how you get the map pack for free. i pre-ordered the limited from GameStop, and i remember there being a code somewhere on either the reciept or in the package called the War Game Map Pass or something to that effect.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    Yeah,

I'm kinda mad about that. First they made it so that the War games Pass and Limited Edition purchasers (such as myself) couldn't download it for free for half of the day. Then when they fix it, they mess it up so everyone could get it free if they were quick enough. I feel a little cheated since I bought and supported the game by getting the Limited Edition and others did not and they got it to play it first and/or get it for free.

I know it's a Marketplace issue and not 343 but I'm still appalled.

On topic, Extraction is a fun game mode. I love Shatter.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Eh, shit happens. I wouldn't get into such a fuss about it. If anything, this means you'll get more folks to play with and the player base won't be quite as fragmented for the DLC.

I'm sad I missed out, actually. Paying $10 for a few maps isn't my idea of a good value proposition, so I would've happily nabbed them for free.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I still dont understand why no one has just gotten the season pass, this was a deal and incredibly cheap. You could have just spent the extra 15 and not worry about missing out on all the maps.

$25 compared to most games that go $30 or more.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm really impressed with the way they went through everything about Halo and just fixed or improved it with this game. There are lots of clever, simple solutions here to long standing problems with the game, competitively speaking. They've even managed to add a bunch of cool new features in. The whole experience is streamlined in a way that mostly makes sense.

I also just played a team oddball game where i picked up the ball in the first 15 seconds, and then heald it the ENITRE GAME! stoked.
    So I played Halo 3 (grew to hate it intensely), ODST (it was a bit better, but not much) and Reach (MUCH better but ultimately I just stuck to SWAT as it seemed to be the most bullshit-free multiplayer mode) and ultimately swore of Halo as it just became way too frustrating--much like the CoD games.

Given that Halo 4 isn't by Bungie and what you said about the fixes and streamlining, would you recommend picking it up for someone who generally hated what Halo multiplayer had become prior to this release?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If you couldnt dig Halo before, this wont fix anything. The multiplayer is less bullshit in the sense that theyve gotten rid of broken nonsense like armor lock etc. You can customize your starting loadouts instead of them being picked for you, and run is a button now instead of a perk, and they fixed weapon spawning so that the game isnt one huge weapon rush.... if you liked Reach id go for. This is a lot like reach. But its still Halo.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Okay, good to know. Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Apparently there was a glitch last night allowing people to get the new maps for free. I wasn't home so I couldn't try it and am at work now. Can anyone confirm this?

Really enjoying this game still. Not a lot of BS. It's still Halo but without unfair bullshit. It's pretty funny listening to friends in a party playing Black Ops II and hear about all the bullshit they have to endure.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Really enjoying this game still. Not a lot of BS. It's still Halo but without unfair bullshit. It's pretty funny listening to friends in a party playing Black Ops II and hear about all the bullshit they have to endure.
    It's people saying things like this that really make me want to give the game a shot...it's only $40 at Best Buy this week, too...