Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Go for it. Maybe get it used at a GameStop if you can. That 7 day return policy is amazing.

Also I can confirm that I was able to the get the map pack for free.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    They corrected the issue, the people that snagged it Free only have it working until the 18th. Afterwards it'll be deactivated and will require 800 MSP to buy/play.

They messed up with the correction upload availability for LE and Map Pass Holders.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I though I read that they were letting anyone who had gotten it just keep it. I can't find anything legit on it. Oh well, we'll see if it still works tomorrow or not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hey, anyone have a two-week code for Xbox Live Gold? My subscription ran out, and I'd love to play with you dudes, but I can't justify paying monthly for Gold when the year's subscription will be in my budget in two week. :P

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I have real low expectations they can really deliver the next gen halo experience people have been waiting for since halo 2. I just don't think they can. The halo formula is tiresome and when they tried to change it up it stunk even worse.

What can they possibly do?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have a feeling people said the same thing about Halo 3. I'll just wait and see how it plays out. If all goes well, maybe I'll buy an X box, next tax return.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tomorrow you fuckers....Master Chief Collection!

I'm sooooooooooooo ready to play this shit. Goodbye Advanced Warfare and Destiny multiplayer (though I'll still play both). Hello Spartans.

Too bad I work tonight, otherwise I'd go to the Launch Party. By time I wake up tomorrow morning around 11 am or 12 pm and go to gamestop and get home, this shit is going to install most of the day time I'm going to guess. 45GB game and a 20GB update thereafter. Close to 70 GB or so after other misc installation things. I swear. I won't get to play it for but half an hour before work tomorrow night again. Grrrr.

Anyone else stupid enough to not get this tomorrow?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    currently downloading... 4hours in and it's only at 56%!!!
    chances of this being done before midnight are slim. fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    this is alot of love for Sin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GT is sniper activist. we need to do some customs since xbl is still kinda fucked up

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    it's still broken. if you can't find a match while searching exit and go back again that seems to work a bit. it's crazy how archaic halo feels without sprint.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I cant find the link right now, but did any one see that halo 5 gameplay video? Blew my socks off. All the right things.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm managing to get matchmaking working now. Sweet.

Halo 4 on 60 fps was nuts. So goddamn smooth.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I cant find the link right now, but did any one see that halo 5 gameplay video? Blew my socks off. All the right things.
    yah there's about 3 or 4 long videos out there that gives you a good feel for the game. i'm happy with what i've seen.

it's Halo mixed with Destiny and COD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just played a game of Team Slayer and after the match the dudes were still in my session for some reason. Even got to play a custom game with them. Really odd interactions going on here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I like the Sin single. I like the case of the UK version, but the track list of the U.S. version.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I like the Sin single. I like the case of the UK version, but the track list of the U.S. version.
    When did Halo 4 relate to NIN's 1990 single Sin? Please enlighten us.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    When did Halo 4 relate to NIN's 1990 single Sin? Please enlighten us.
    The Sin single is Halo 4.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Well, now. Isn't that just a turn of events.

Guess this wasn't an accidental post afterwards.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    anyone doing the halo 5 beta? i'm downloading it now

Edit: it sucks lol. it's halo 4 with thruster packs. damn how far Halo has fallen.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 12-30-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

Edit: it sucks lol. it's halo 4 with thruster packs. damn how far Halo has fallen.
    I'm not hugely fond of it, but this is a massive misrepresentation of what it is like.

Actually it's the biggest overhaul this series has ever seen. Classes are gone, ordinance is gone. It's literally the furthest thing from Halo Reach and Halo 4 and Call of Duty, so I'm baffled by comments I see that make those comparisons. It's actually much more like Halo 2 in the sense that's it is far more competitively driven and the gameplay is equallized for the first time.

I can't get into it though. On the surface it's everything I wanted to happen to Halo. In practice, it's still very sluggish compared to games like Titanfall and Destiny. The controls feel very latent, a problem I've experienced on Xbox before.... can anyone else with Both new consoles comment... Xbox games feel so much slower for some reason, it's very difficult to explain. it could be that we are in Beta, but the Destiny and Titanfall betas both felt fine and were representative of their final products.

I've normally been average if not good at halo. But here I can barely get a kill. I'm normally a rumbler, so the TDM play style does not suit me, for sure. But something just feels off here. There's thrusters, and sprinting, and "climbing" but somehow it feels slower than ever. I lose every encounter regardless of whether or not I initiated it. Even ADS is confusing because I can't tell what benefit I gain, and it is just a little too easy to get knocked out of it. Just feels tactily unresponsive.

There is a ton on the surface to like. halo has always lacked a sense of movement, and they're trying here. I've always hated jetpacks, and jet packs are fucking gone. PCs make call outs regarding crucial events on the map "Sniper at Red Two" obviously 343 is trying to take this game back into the realm of competitive gaming. That might be why I feel a bit alienated by it. Maybe with some practice....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in love with it. No custom loadouts, no classes/AAs, no ordnance drops, power weapons on maps, the return of descope, the fastest movement speed and kill times since Halo: CE. It really plays nothing like Halo 4 or Reach...

The only issues I have with it are the interface and some specific weapon balancing. Oh and the stupid Spartan Chatter. I know when the weapons spawn, thanks for telling me four times.
    Last edited by iggygfoshatner; 01-01-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iggygfoshatner View Post
    The only issues I have with it are the interface and some specific weapon balancing.
    SMG!

I also have found good fun with it after a bad first night. The recent patch has made it ten times better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the SMG! It's a tank!

They need to drop it's range or add recoil. Really the range on all the auto weapons is kind of excessive, it's having a negative impact on the effectiveness of precision weapons. I meant things like the time it takes to pull up your weapon after a failed spartan charge, or how the BR's bullet spread is so tight it feels like a single shot weapon which makes the DMR feel unnecessary on the smaller maps presently available. The range and effectiveness of the new energy sword's lunge is also a bit weak.

There's lots of little balance tweaks that they need to make (up the grenade damage and lower the radius, damn it!), but overall it's the follow up to Halo 3 we should have gotten.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iggygfoshatner View Post
    I'm in love with it. No custom loadouts, no classes/AAs, no ordnance drops, power weapons on maps, the return of descope, the fastest movement speed and kill times since Halo: CE. It really plays nothing like Halo 4 or Reach...

The only issues I have with it are the interface and some specific weapon balancing. Oh and the stupid Spartan Chatter. I know when the weapons spawn, thanks for telling me four times.
    Uh, the kill times are a tad too fast for this game. It's a bit on the ridiculous side. Also, AR/SMG are far too effective. The detscope+fake ADS is by far the dumbest thing i've had to experience. People are spamming the Ads button and going in and out SOOOO Stupid.

A lot of the visual style and sound cues are from Halo 4 and that annoys the crap out of me. The dash is a decent addition but when you stack it up against Titanfall and Destiny, hell even compared to the new COD, Halo seems so bland and late to the game with it's additions.

I'll be very surprised if Halo 5 regains any type of real momentum. It will sell like most Halos but then die out. That's my prediction.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Uh, the kill times are a tad too fast for this game. It's a bit on the ridiculous side. Also, AR/SMG are far too effective. The detscope+fake ADS is by far the dumbest thing i've had to experience. People are spamming the Ads button and going in and out SOOOO Stupid.
    ADS in most first person shooters add to your precision fire and accuracy upon the target. In Halo it is an added bonus for they are infamous for never implementing it besides some click in and out analog control. The ADS in 5 is good for the added accuracy to snag a headshot or target an area on the enemy. However if you want to hold LT (assuming Halo 5 scheme) down and pop in and out in between enemy fire when a guy is shooting at you then have at it. it's going to get you killed and be more a hindrance than a help.

I dig the new maps and Hydra. Keep the updates coming.

Unfortunately Breakout plays like I thought it would. Minus achievements or some random fun I don't see myself playing it, just like how I don't/never play Warzone on Gears of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of the visual style and sound cues are from Halo 4 and that annoys the crap out of me. The dash is a decent addition but when you stack it up against Titanfall and Destiny, hell even compared to the new COD, Halo seems so bland and late to the game with it's additions.

I'll be very surprised if Halo 5 regains any type of real momentum. It will sell like most Halos but then die out. That's my prediction.

Well descope has been in every Halo game except 4, so that complaint's being pulled right out of your ass. The "dash" has been in Halo since Reach (four years before CoD, Destiny and Titanfall), so again, your complaint smells funny. And the kill times are still higher than Halo CE's (fastest precision weapon kill time in 5 is just over one second, in CE it was 0.8 seconds) so I naturally have to assume that you're just trash talking because you have nothing better to do.

Sounds were also completely overhauled, as well as the HUD, so really other than the overly cluttered level design there's exactly nothing recycled from H4.

I've already touched on the overly effective auto weapons, adding some recoil or reducing the effective range would take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Unfortunately Breakout plays like I thought it would. Minus achievements or some random fun I don't see myself playing it, just like how I don't/never play Warzone on Gears of War.
    The only thing I enjoy from Breakout is the sneak peak at the first announced forge environment.
    Last edited by iggygfoshatner; 01-03-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got the Masterchief Collection yesterday. It's badass. I remember why I loved the first 2 games so much growing up. They were my childhood.The set is very generous. Not only do we get 4 games, we get a TV series too and a sneak peak to Halo 5. Anyway, I preordered Guardians and got a sweet poster. Featuring Locke and Chief. Im gonna hang it up. I'm going to play the Beta before it expires. Anyone want to play it? Gamertag is madtitanthanos0.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    i heard this game is still shit. true? population took a big big hit as well i wast told.