Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
Lol, I would love for her to be Joey's replacement just to witness the massive amounts of bitching that would come from their core fan base. And hey, at the very least the new album would have a different sound. All Hope Is Gone was so boring to me. Nothing new, nothing interesting, and nothing exciting happened on that album. Which I think is funny considering I've seen and read die hard Slipknot fans praise the album like the damn thing reinvented heavy metal.

That said, I do consider myself a fan of Slipknot. They were one of the first metal bands I ever got into back in the good ol' days and they were the "gateway" for my introduction to heavy metal. I love their first three albums. Iowa is my favorite of the bunch and I want these guys to come out with something that pushes the bar a little. They're a band that's seemed unsure of themselves for awhile. Ever since Paul Gray's death it seems like they've feared moving on, and I'm glad they're finally in the studio again. It's also been interesting to see them over the past few years heightened to a level few metal bands ever see. I wish the remaining seven members the best of luck and quite frankly I hope their new album, whenever it comes out, kicks everyone's ass.
Fully agree with you. First three albums are great. Didn't get into their last one.
They are still a force to be reckoned with live. Saw them for the 2nd time, last year at Heavy MTL. It was amazing.