Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dragonball Franchise

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't seen battle of Gods yet, but I don't think don't think Pan was born yet (from what i hear). So probably after the buu saga, but before the ending of dbz.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm not worried as long as Toriyama is involved. I just hope people won't have a bitch fit because it's not based off manga. Found it kinda annoying how people refused to call GT canon because it wasn't based off manga. This one isn't either. Only a matter of time until someone bitches about that.
    Well, i'm going to "bitch", lol...
    I don't think continuing the series is necessary in any way, shape or form, i'm not against it, i just don't see the point (besides making money out of the franchise).
    Of course i could be wrong, but i don't see why they need to tell another DB story again, i get it's "nostalgia" and fans will always be behind this franchise (much like it happened to Saint Seiya), i just don't care for another series.
    I hate to sound "hipster" but i've also moved on to other animes like Evangelion, Cowboy Bebob or Gantz, so DB it's not my priority, it's a anime that holds lot's of great memories for me but i like it the way it was, still i'm happy that Toriyama is involved and i'm sure he'll make entertaining episodes, i just won't be watching.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

The Dragonball Franchise

I like the nerding out and massive post counts in this thread recently.

I own Battle of the Gods on blu-ray and have yet to watch it. I should but haven't been invested time wise to do so.

I'm game for a series but I hope it's great with GOOD villains.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    BTW, i forgot to mention that i enjoyed GT and i don't care if it's considered "cannon", it's just the final saga the one that sucked (Never liked Omega Shenron), but all the other stuff was good, they even brought back my favorite incarnation of Goku (kid).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Edit: oops
    Last edited by Piko; 05-14-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Eh, I'm sure you will come around. I think it is a nostalgia thing. I'm watching for sure.
    Wrong person.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Well, i'm going to "bitch", lol...
    I don't think continuing the series is necessary in any way, shape or form, i'm not against it, i just don't see the point (besides making money out of the franchise).
    Of course i could be wrong, but i don't see why they need to tell another DB story again, i get it's "nostalgia" and fans will always be behind this franchise (much like it happened to Saint Seiya), i just don't care for another series.
    I hate to sound "hipster" but i've also moved on to other animes like Evangelion, Cowboy Bebob or Gantz, so DB it's not my priority, it's a anime that holds lot's of great memories for me but i like it the way it was, still i'm happy that Toriyama is involved and i'm sure he'll make entertaining episodes, i just won't be watching.

I'm all for new episodes as long as they're good and don't shit all over their series' legacy. I'm going to watch as soon as I'm able to, subtitled or not. I have a feeling it'll be awhile until there's a north American release though..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm all for new episodes as long as they're good and don't shit all over their series' legacy. I'm going to watch as soon as I'm able to, subtitled or not. I have a feeling it'll be awhile until there's a north American release though..
    Nah, Battle of the Gods seen NA release quick plus Resurrection of F will be quick as well I can tell.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love Dragon Ball Z, but I hated "Battle Of The Gods" and the new Freezer movie looks really bad too (I've read part of the comic and it has several inconsistencies), I hated the Saiyan God thing and the new Spoiler: blue haired saiyan looks like this (SPOILER):

Saiyans should always have dark hair (except hybrids like Trunks) and get the yellow/blond hair when they become super saiyans, that's it, change the hairstyle when they become stronger like Gohan did from SSJ1 to SSJ2 (didn't like eyebrowless SSJ3 tbh), maybe the new SSJ4 hair could be like the one from DBGT (which is not canonical) but yellowed/blonded, idk, I think that would be better than having SSJs changing their hair color with every new transformation.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, out of all the movies they ever came out with, how many of them were actually good? I like about 5 of them. My favorite being Super Dragon Fist( the one with tapion)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've only seen the ones on tv. Heard good things about Android 13 though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think they should have all aired on tv. If not, I recommend these.

1. Super Dragon fist- Awesome fighting, Awesome movie hero, addicting melody. And you see how Trunks gets his sword.
    2. Cooler ( or in Japanese, Coola)- This one is two movies with the first one being the better one. Freiza's brother Cooler seeks revenge.
    3. Broly- There are three movies, the first being the best, the second being why not, and the third just being upright awful. Go for the first two, and because Broly.
    3. Android 13- Cool fighting and of course takes place during my favorite saga, the androids.
    4. Fusion reborn- Its not that great, but gogeta.

Thats just speculating that you have seen dead zone, tree of might, and lord slug. Also if you havent, check out The history of Trunks and History of Bardock. Two awesome back stories.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My favorite films in order are:

The Dead Zone
    Tree of Might (even though time frame and other stuff is super odd and doesn't make sense)
    The World's Strongest
    Cooler's Revenge
    Broly, The Legendary Super Saiyan
    Lord Slug

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just bought season one or DBZ on blu ray. Guessing it's uncut/extended. A lot of stuff I've never seen before.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just bought season one or DBZ on blu ray. Guessing it's uncut/extended. A lot of stuff I've never seen before.
    Uncut, remastered by hand (from the original art cells), new framing to be in HD format and remixed audio. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Are the blu rays truly uncensored? Like the blood shooting out of goku when he sacrificed himself to kill raditz? I only ask as it was taken out on the kai versions

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Are the blu rays truly uncensored? Like the blood shooting out of goku when he sacrificed himself to kill raditz? I only ask as it was taken out on the kai versions
    Yes, there's blood a'flowin'.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tons of new story elements ad well (probably on the uncut dvds as well. New to me). With all of the uncut scenes, etc., its a totally different experience now. I watched it back when it was on toonami, and that was it. They butchered it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My friend who worked at Best Buy picked up all the seasons on blu ray and we watched season 1-7. On top of them being just good blu rays. It's got some killer menu themes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sadly, the best buy here only had seasons 1, 7-9.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    My friend who worked at Best Buy picked up all the seasons on blu ray and we watched season 1-7. On top of them being just good blu rays. It's got some killer menu themes.

I love the music on season 1. It's weird. I only own 1-3 but plan to get them all eventually. I've seen the show 17832728746 times so they're not tip top priority haha.

Sadly, the best buy here only had seasons 1, 7-9.
    I have two stores less than an hour away. They usually seem to carry 3-9. Never the first two.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Double post sorry but this deserved its own post:

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/14/firs...iler-released/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    In the audio options? What's the difference between the funimation dub and the US broadcast version? Is it just music? Or is there different dialogue. DB and GT have those options too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man, I really hope some subs pop up for Super. Pretty sure the episode has aired in japan now. Hopefully someone will sub and upload it. Seems like no one one is simultcasting it, not even funimation.

edit:

I got it! Sadly, it seems like i'll have to watch it on my laptop. Video works well on my ps4 (media player), but the subtitles don't appear. Doesn't recognize the subtitles I guess. I my laptop does at least. Better than nothing. Here goes...
    Last edited by Piko; 07-05-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    http://kissanime.com/Anime/Dragon-Ba...-001?id=111869

You have to disable ad blockers for some reason or the video wont play, but its console friendly as you have the option to use html 5 player.

Its a pretty good start, it has everything a dragonball series is known for.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not a whole lot really happened. But I guess they need to re-establish the characters and everything. Blasphemy that there's no vegeta.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    He will be there next episode. Apparently on a family vacation. As for nothing happening, the series has always showed nearly zilch its first episodes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah. Everything usually kicks off around the second episode. Hopefully. The episode wasn't bad by any means though. Just the typical "slice of live" type episode.

I'm beginning to wonder if Battle of Gods is canon though. You see a bit of Beerus. But, I wonder if it's connected. Especially, if Goku goes train with Kai. Maybe there's a time jump?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Sorry for the off topic post, I just don't want to triple post in the toy thread. Mods please feel free to delete this post or move it into the toy thread.

Would anyone be interested in buying my extra Goku figure? Sealed in box never been opened. I'm looking for $55 shipped.

He comes with 5 faces, 5 sets of hands (and 1 instant transmission hand) and a Kamehameha ball effect.
    http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...psq2kfylwy.jpg

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah. Everything usually kicks off around the second episode. Hopefully. The episode wasn't bad by any means though. Just the typical "slice of live" type episode.

I'm beginning to wonder if Battle of Gods is canon though. You see a bit of Beerus. But, I wonder if it's connected. Especially, if Goku goes train with Kai. Maybe there's a time jump?

As far as I understand:

6 Years after Buu > Battle of the Gods > Resurrection of F > After ????