Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Dragonball Franchise

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The movie got me into watching the show all over again. After awhile though, I tend to skip over the silly parts with Bulma and Chichi just yelling for ten straight minutes. Man I forgot how annoying they are. But dam... The Ginyu Force cracks me up every time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Also, if anyone is interested in mobile gaming (I'm not but this is an exception!) the latest DBZ game release, Dokkan Battle is on iOS and Android. It's in US/english now when it was only previously Japanese. It's a simple, super fun tap energy game. The game's HUGE and free. You don't have to spend a dime on it. You get character cards, level them up, fight, sacrifice, awaken cards and do lots of shit. I can't recommend it enough if you're a DB fan. Here's my cards and some screens of the game/menu itself if anyone is intrigued. Also, if someone wants to be my friend, let me know. I'll give my referral code!

SR Vegeta as my current leader

My cards (SR Vegeta, Zarbon, 18, 17 and Kid Goku are my best. I need to severely level Frieza)

The marvelous (and EXTREMELY hard to get FREE Mecha Frieza card from this week's current strike event. I must've played Hard Mode against him 17 or 18 times before I got him as a reward) Mecha Frieza. So badass.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The things I'd do for a 16 bit DBZ side scrolling beat'em up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So I'm going at watching the series from the beginning but I'm going the purist route of all Japanese episodes. I know most of Kai and I've seen some Buu Saga with subs and orig music.

I'm getting the first Dragon Ball episodes at the moment and just finished getting the complete Bibidi/Buu Sagas. Some of these remastered episodes are really impressive quality wise.

I think I'm gonna watch 2 arcs at the same time - from the very beginning and starting after the Cell Saga. Having weekly super episodes on the side will be nice too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    The things I'd do for a 16 bit DBZ side scrolling beat'em up.
    The Legacy of Goku is a good beat 'em up type game. 16 bit due to Advance's graphics at the time. I loved that first game so freaking much. It was so much fun. If you don't have a Nintendo DS or a Gameboy Advance then download an emulator and play it. It's one of my favorite DBZ games.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I agree, that whole trilogy of GBA games was fantastic.

Anyone else disappointing in the animation for super? Specifically for episode 5? Almost looked like a flash animation episode.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New avatar and idiotic sub title.

Anyone see the reference?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I like that even your username kinda makes reference to the movie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Anyone else disappointing in the animation for super? Specifically for episode 5? Almost looked like a flash animation episode.
    Yeah, the animation for the altercation between Beerus and Goku was downright pitiful - off-model key animation, shoddy to nonexistent in-between animation. Even the overall choreography of the fight was executed horribly, which is inexcusable considering the director and animators had the movie's animation of the same exact scene to use as a reference point. I assumed that Toei would skimp on the budget here and there, but there's no reason for them to do it this early in the series.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Last two episodes were great, improvement on the animation but not by much.

Besides Goku's first super saiyan transformation, I feel that vegeta has all the badass transformations sequences. I mean, he looks like he is about to reach level 3 right before it ends.

After reading this, its astonishing to me that I am married and not a virgin.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Resurrection F to hit stores on DVD and Blu-ray on October 20th!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Does it even matter at this point? They are going to probably redo it for the series anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mine, you peasants.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Movie was alright. One big plot hole though. Hopefully they fix it in Super.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piko View Post
    movie was alright. One big plot hole though. Hopefully they fix it in super.
    but frieza

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure how I feel about the new voice actor. Movie isn't bad. About an hour and a half. Just wish they would've filled in some gaps. Instead, they do something without any explanation. Trying to be spoiler free.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have yet to watch Ressurestion F as I think I will check it out once it goes through its Super arc. I think my beef with Super besides kinda half assed animation is the fact that I have seen all this already. I still watch it as my love for DBZ is always huge, but I cant deny that this series so far is just better than GT and no where near Db and DBZ.

Also, this anime really needs to let these other characters have their moments. This better not be the vegeta and goku show, where Vegeta gets his ass handed and then Goku comes in for the cleanup. I need some piccolo and Gohan destruction.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I get the feeling that's what's going to happen. I really thought they would redeem Gohan after GT. That doesn't seem to be the case. Piccolo gets some action in the new movie (likely the series as well, hopefully).

Here's my gripe about the movie. Spoilers, but nothing that really ruins anything.

Spoiler: they just turn into the blue super saiyan without any kind of explanation . Like, how did they get the new forms? Wish there was some sort of explanation of how they achieved them, instead of just doing it. Big plot hole, imo

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the new voice actor. Movie isn't bad. About an hour and a half. Just wish they would've filled in some gaps. Instead, they do something without any explanation. Trying to be spoiler free.
    Ayres isn't bad but I prefer Linda Young more, no I don't have nostalgia glasses on either.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://kotaku.com/dragon-balls-most-...ium=Socialflow

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is now dubbed...

Super Saiyan Blue

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    http://kotaku.com/dragon-balls-most-...ium=Socialflow

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is now dubbed...

Super Saiyan Blue
    Egh.. Might as well have gone with SSG, since that's what it really is. The red hair being the imperfect/transitional form, while the blue one is the actual SSG that will likely replace the other forms.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, I've been rewatching shit. Holy shit, I never realized how much I loved and admire the History of Trunks TV film. Moreso now than I ever did. It's so well done in pacing and a unique, dark look at the doomed what-if future we see very little of in DBZ. I hear little talk of it in most circles. It's probably my favorite film besides the Tree of Might. Just thought I'd randomly post. Any fans of it? If you hadn't seen (it's a lesser known, watched film) I recommend it highly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So, I've been rewatching shit. Holy shit, I never realized how much I loved and admire the History of Trunks TV film. Moreso now than I ever did. It's so well done in pacing and a unique, dark look at the doomed what-if future we see very little of in DBZ. I hear little talk of it in most circles. It's probably my favorite film besides the Tree of Might. Just thought I'd randomly post. Any fans of it? If you hadn't seen (it's a lesser known, watched film) I recommend it highly.

Naw, I would place it above Tree of Might (though I did love that one). History of Trunks is imo #1, followed closely by Bardock (because I loved getting some more backstory/lore of the saiyajin race).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Naw, I would place it above Tree of Might (though I did love that one). History of Trunks is imo #1, followed closely by Bardock (because I loved getting some more backstory/lore of the saiyajin race).
    It's all personal preference really. I just really enjoy Tree of Might's story aesthetics and time frame. I also think Turles is awesome as a villain.

I love History of Trunks as it's the only moment in Dragon Ball Z history where I felt emotionally upset at a scene present: when Trunks is questioning and talking over a dead Gohan in the rain as he finally becomes super saiyan is a heartstring tugging moment.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-19-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Bardock and History of Trunks are by far superior to the vast array of DBZ movies. As to those, I'd put Tree of Might, Cooler's Revenge, and Fusion Reborn as my top three.

I also have a bit of love for Return Of Cooler despite how much of it is supremely silly. When they finally take Metal Cooler apart, have a small moment of victory, and then another shows up, and another, and another and another....and they STILL get up, knowing there's no way they can win, but face it with a smile...that's one of my absolute favorite DBZ moments ever. Perfectly captures the spirit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've been rewatching a lot of clips lately. Goddamn, the moment Vegeta sacrifices himself to try to defeat Majin Buu always gets to me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I've put it off forever, but I'm going through Super right now, bit by bit. I actually really like what I've seen so far; the managed to re-inject a lot of the lightheartedness and comedic tone of the original DB series into the Beerus episodes (never saw Battle Of The Gods). I'm about to start the Freeza resurrection eps now; hoping they're better than the film was. Hearing great things about the current 'Goku Black' arc inspired me to catch up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Imo, they're much better than the movies. They make some pretty cool changes as well. Really enjoying Super. Gonna be a bummer when it ends.

Black saga is pretty cool as well. Kinda confusing though.
    Last edited by Piko; 10-25-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Still waiting for the dub (i don't want to hear it)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have a feeling it'll happen sooner than later at this point, considering it finally got licensed in the states. Plus, funimation is now in a partnership with crunchyroll. So that might help some.