Page 100 of 196 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 5852

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://www.srcvinyl.com/david-lynch...deluxe-lp.html

• One-Time Pressing On Silver Vinyl, Strictly Limited To 1500 Copies
    • Comes With Silver Vinyl 7-Inch With The Peter Ivers Songs “In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song)” And “Pete’s Boogie”
    • Includes Three 11" x 11" Prints And Deluxe 16-Page Booklet

Eraserhead rests firmly at the top of that canon of American underground culture for which there is no genre. A staple of the dark underbelly of popular cinema that was originally only viewable at arthouse screenings or on the Midnight Movie circuit, Eraserhead is a truly unadulterated offering; and much of its sensation lies beyond the purely visual realm. The stark, dusty black and white images put forth are caked with and submerged in a dense jungle of industrial hums, buzzes, screeches and screams. Eraserhead is a narrative made up of two intertwined veins: one of bleak and beautiful pictures elegantly painted in gray and black, and one of blankets of sublime, enveloping noise and static, the tinkering of Fats Waller organ rolls echoing in the background.

To lay in the dark and listen to this dizzying succession of blissful noise is a different way to get “lost” than in the visuals of the film itself. It’s no stretch to consider this soundtrack an experimental, early industrial masterpiece. Eraserhead’s individual passion and personal tone shines through even in the thickest moments of fierce static, an audio undertaking that took David Lynch and sound designer Alan Splet years to perfect. Eraserhead’s most famous piece of music is undoubtedly Peter Ivers’ unforgettable, oft-covered haunting ballad “In Heaven,” and the most exciting attribute of this edition of the soundtrack is no doubt its expansion, and it’s present here, along with “Pete’s Boogie,” an Ivers recording previously only available on the long out-of-print limited edition LP of this soundtrack.
    uh...yes please

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got this a while ago but finally listened to it tonight:

ennio morricone - the thing
    180g "snow" white vinyl, gatefold sleeve, 11x22" poster
    if it weren't for the pieces with strings, you'd never know john carpenter didn't create this score. morricone channels him expertly to make the perfect companion to the film.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Additions:

V/A - Before The Flood
    Julia Holter - In The Same Room (blue)
    Johnny Flynn - Sillion
    David Bowie - No Plan EP (blue)
    Cortini + Merzbow - S/T (silver)
    Actress - AZD (clear)
    Caterina Barbieri - Patterns Of Consciousness (blue)
    Marcy Playground - S/T
    Les Amazones d'Afrique - Republique Amazone (turquoise)
    Forest Swords - Compassion (clear)
    The Bug V Earth - Concrete Desert (multi-color)

Last edited by hologram parade; 04-29-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Was anyone able to snag an extra of the Good Apollo Volume 1 release today on Coheed and Cambria's website? That drop was a shit show and I couldn't snag one before they sold out. And judging by all their other releases it's looking unlikely that this is going to get a repress.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

thalassa - bonds of prosperity
    2xLP on black vinyl
    spooky drone (think i made up that genre) from aaron turner and william fowler collins. harsh, hautning, beautiful.

kenoma - the tides will prevail
    2xLP on mint green and swamp green merge with splatter vinyl limited to 200 copies
    now playing, fucking epic
    a huge middle finger to the postal service for ignoring the “fragile” sticker and bending not one but two corners of the gatefold due to incompetent handling

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post

trent reznor + atticus ross / gustavo santolalla / mogwai - before the flood
    3xLP on 180g black vinyl
    this is probably one of my favorite scores ever, and is definitely one of my favorite things that TR+AR have worked on. so glad to finally own it on vinyl, and it sounds absolutely phenomenal.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Humanz" by Gorillaz (sounds a bit nicer than the 320k downloads, some effects/layering pop out better).

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Today's yield:

The Afghan Whigs - In Spades (signed by Greg Dulli!)
    At the Drive In - In*ter a*li*a
    Slowdive - S/T

And then there's this: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...530#post351530

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Transmission" (2017 transparent red reissue) by The Tea Party (sounds good...)
    "Electro: Compiled by Joey Negro - A Personal Selection of Electro Classics" by various
    "Animism" (white vinyl) by Tanya Tagaq
    "Retribution" by Tanya Tagaq

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've slacked off buying for a small bit due to finances. However upon Humanz release I bought this funnily enough...

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm aiming at picking up that "Demon Days" reissue that came out recently... maybe next month.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I'm aiming at picking up that "Demon Days" reissue that came out recently... maybe next month.
    Good luck, you're going to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd be patient. The reissue that just came out was an exclusive through the Vinyl Me Please subscription service and is currently way over priced on places like eBay. If I had to guess, it'll likely have a wider release sometime later this year.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Yeah but still cheaper than the original that I was intending to pick up this year regardless... (similarly, I was going shell out cash for an The Fragile but then reissues were announced)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Over-priced is relative, still a lot cheaper than the original 2005 vinyl... If you can point in the direction of a press release saying that it'll get a wider release, I'd probably hold off but I do like pretty red. So long as its within my budget, I don't honestly care that much.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

kiss - dynasty
    gift from my best friend (who has been slowly getting my wife and i into KISS after showing us "kiss meets the phantom of the park" on thanksgiving last year). this album is fucking solid from start to finish; not a bad song on it, and really fun.

john carpenter & alan howarth - prince of darkness
    2012 death waltz pressing on pale blue vinyl. includes 18x24" poster.
    played tonight
    maybe my favorite carpenter score for definitely my favorite of his horror films (my favorite carpenter film overall is "big trouble in little china" but it's not horror). missed out on buying this from a local record store a couple months ago when i finally watched the movie for the first time, but managed to find it for a decent price on discogs from a seller who did probably the best packing job i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Finally added a 7" shelf to my record unit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    gave the ol record player a workout today w/ some newer releases

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Following up from my last post,

Gorillaz - Humanz

forgive the different background than usual. I took the photo at work haha.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" (2012 remastered) by The Smashing Pumpkins...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ" (1992 10") by Minstry
    "Fixed" (1992 original) by Nine Inch Nails
    "
    Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D" by Nine Inch Nails

You know, the easy listening...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Did you by chance buy this for around 50GBP off a dude in the UK on eBay yesterday..?
    That depends, is *** asking?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Asshole! lol

I made that same dude an offer on that copy like an hour before he declined and sold it to you at full price. Just glad it was someone here who beat me to the punch
    I thought maybe you were the seller, I misread the first message saying eBay, I grabbed mine via Discogs (but easy enough to speculate that it's same item, given the price and shipping location). I hope to give it a loving home. It'll be joining my modest collection...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 05-17-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: edited to reflect that I actually can read...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"
    Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D" by Nine Inch Nails
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did this go for?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did this go for?
    About 100$ CAD with shipping.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

light bearer - lapsus
    2xLP on black vinyl
    my friend alex got me into the band Fall Of Efrafa recently, who have a three album cycle based on the mythos of Watership Down. that really inspired me (musically and thematically) and i decided to do an album based on the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. in less than a month after the release of my most recent album, i had come up with 37 minutes of new music spread across four songs, and i was ready to start writing lyrics.
    then i realized that the vocalist/lyricist/mythologist, Alex CF, from Fall Of Efrafa, had already done it. after FOE disbanded, he formed Light Bearer, which was originally intended to put out four albums based on His Dark Materials intermingled with other aspects of christianity (from a very critical point of view; Alex CF is a staunch atheist), but they only put out two. so i decided to focus my album on The Secret Of Nimh, instead, and i fell in love with Light Bearer even more so than i had Fall Of Efrafa.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

full of hell - trumpeting ecstasy
    12" 45rpm on amber mote colored vinyl
    played this morning before 9am...hope my downstairs neighbor doesn't hate me

drab majesty - careless
    2017 pressing on green vinyl
    played just now

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    random crate digging yielded a treasure...

"War Of Words" by Singers & Players (the 1981 99 Records version... so, before On-U Sound) ... a killer album. I'm still going to pick up the 2015 remastered On-U Sound one because I have the rest of them that way and I think it'll sound just a bit better. And it was cheaper than the going price on Discogs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    i've listening to a portion of these two newer releases almost every day lately - can't recommend them enough

JLIN - Black Origami (Planet Mu)

Forrest Swords - Compassion (Ninja Tune)