Page 49 of 196 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 5853

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Hey check this out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondotees
    "For those of you who couldn’t make it this year, we will be selling a few remaining prints, as well as the Batman: The Animated Series 7-inch records, that premiered at SDCC online. Stay tuned to our newsletter for all release information! You can check out a full list of our releases here."

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    oh, and those of you who missed out on the Enjoy The Ride's release of HD, Hot Topic has an exclusive release of their own on orange marble wax

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Mus...e-10205562.jsp

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I just cracked into the latest Filter LP and it's actually a really good album. The vinyl is pressed on gold wax and the hype sticker has a comment from TR which made me chuckle

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    A preview of what I get to go through now that I'm back in Seattle

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So rather than uploading a truckload of pictures, I figured I would just type out what I just received

Joy Division - "Substance" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    Yazoo - "Upstairs At Eric's" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    Yazoo - "You and Me Both" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    INXS - "Kick - US Press Gold Promo Stamp
    Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration" - US Press Gold Stickered Promo
    Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration" - Canadian Press Gold Promo Stamped
    Ministry - "Work For Love - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    Ministry - "Over The Shoulder" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    New Order - "Brotherhood" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    The Psychedelic Furs - "Forever Now" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    Bob Dylan - "DESIRE" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
    Bjork - "Homogenic" - US Test Pressing
    My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - "Sex On Wheels" - US Test Pressing
    Tears For Fears - "Songs From The Big Chair" - US Press still in plastic wrap w/ hype sticker
    Men At Work - "Business As Usual" - US Press still in plastic wrap w/ hype sticker
    Nirvana - "Bleach" - Newbury Comics Ltd. Ed. CLEAR vinyl out of 750 *SEALED*
    Ministry - "N.W.O" - German #'d 10" w/ non-LP track
    Queens Of The Stone Age - "Feel Good Hit Of The Summer" - 10" Picture Disc
    Death From Above 1979 - "You're a Woman, I'm A Machine" - 2012 Black Wax Repress
    Filter - "Short Bus" - 2014 MOV Repress on Green Vinyl (#17/1000)
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-04-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    While you're on your Filter vinyl kick, have you checked out The Trouble With Angels yet? Sounds spectacular on vinyl, and up there with Short Bus and Amalgamut.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I haven't checked that album out but I will now

Here's what came in the mail today:

Enjoy The Ride Records release of Rob Zombie

Soundgarden Super Unknown - $30 from Amazon

Metallica - "Master Of Puppets" - US Press White Label Promo with gold promo stamp

The Cure - "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me" - US Press w/ gold promo stamp

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got a few things in the mail today!

interpol self-titled 45 adapter (huge thanks to @Amaro !!!)
    converge - jane doe on 2x12” 45rpm clear/smoke
    the mars volta - bedlam in goliath on 2x12” split black/red with planchette picture disc
    the dear hunter - act iii on 2x12” 180g (and no glue problem like the previous copy i had gotten from someone on discogs, which i was thankfully able to return)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

FEVER RAY (Discography)
    Fever Ray LP & 2xCD/DVD
    If I Had A Heart LP & 7”
    When I Grow Up LP
    Triangle Walks LP
    Seven LP
    Stranger Than Kindness/Here Before 7” #392/999
    Mercy Street 7” #97 & 631/2000
    It has taken me several years to track down and find all this music. The Fever Ray project is incredibly important to me and I cant stress the validity it has had in my life. It has been the soundtrack to so many special moments that cant be repeated or recreated. Late summer nights with friends and falling in/out of love are but a few. This is special and dear to me.

Last edited by hologram parade; 08-06-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    FEVER RAY (Discography)
    Fever Ray LP & 2xCD/DVD
    If I Had A Heart LP & 7”
    When I Grow Up LP
    Triangle Walks LP
    Seven LP
    It has taken me several years to track down and find all this music. The Fever Ray project is incredibly important to me and I cant stress the validity it has had in my life. It has been the soundtrack to so many special moments that cant be repeated or recreated. Late summer nights with friends and falling in/out of love are but a few. This is special and dear to me. I send out a big thank you to all the people who share my passion for Fever Ray and K.D.A.

i wish the EPs and singles were mostly filled with b-sides rather than remixes. that's the only reason i haven't tried to track them all down. the artwork is gorgeous but i just don't care enough about the remixes to make it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I enjoy all the remixes tbh and to my knowledge there aren't any b sides for this project. The only song not available on vinyl is the wolf, a track she gave to the director of little red riding hood to be used fir the film. I'd honestly just like if she would put out the fever ray live album, the album instrumentals or demos on vinyl.
    Last edited by hologram parade; 08-06-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quite a delay on these Jurassic Park LP's. Kinda sucks, I bought mine fas a gift or a JP loving fan who's bday it was last week.

Quote Originally Posted by MONDO
    Unfortunately, we have recently received word from our manufacturer that we won't be receiving the LPs until late September. We are contacting you today because part or all of your order has not yet been fulfilled.

Many of you requested greater detail as to the origin of the delay. Truth is, when the records first arrived, we caught what we thought was an isolated problem with one of the sides of a select few copies of the final product. It wasn't until we shipped and a few customers expressed similar concerns that we realized it was a little more wide reaching than previously thought. With the help of our friends at Universal we have worked to correct the matter, but the process of new test approvals and re-queueing at the record plant has been a lengthy one. We had been advised it would only take 4 weeks, but it seems in the interest of perfection, their original quoted time was insufficient.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Big sale going on over at INsound.com. I just picked up The Dead Weather 7" and the Cold Cave 12" for $8.49! Use promo code "welovevinylmore" for an additional 10% off

http://www.insound.com/promos/biggest-sale-ever

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post

FEVER RAY (Discography)
    Fever Ray LP & 2xCD/DVD
    If I Had A Heart LP & 7”
    When I Grow Up LP
    Triangle Walks LP
    Seven LP
    It has taken me several years to track down and find all this music. The Fever Ray project is incredibly important to me and I cant stress the validity it has had in my life. It has been the soundtrack to so many special moments that cant be repeated or recreated. Late summer nights with friends and falling in/out of love are but a few. This is special and dear to me. I send out a big thank you to all the people who share my passion for Fever Ray and K.D.A.

Agreed, that Fever Ray album was a really important album for me that year it came out. It's still far more interesting than anything The Knife have ever done (and I love The Knife). You wouldn't believe the amount of emotions that overcame me in that moment during Breaking Bad when Jesse is having the mental breakdown to If I Had Heart. Scene touched hella close to home.

Also @NotoriousTIMP , damn, I'm waiting fairly patiently for my Hellbilly Deluxe to arrive here in KC. How's it sound?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I haven't cracked it open yet. I may just keep it as a collector's item and buy the Hot Topic release as a play copy Everyone over at the Vinyl Collective boards are saying it sounds AWESOME and looks even cooler in person. Some people even got lucky and received test pressing artwork as a free bonus with their LP. I ended up with some weird Pog thingie in mine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Also @NotoriousTIMP, damn, I'm waiting fairly patiently for my Hellbilly Deluxe to arrive here in KC. How's it sound?
    Sorry to jump in. Feels a little light for a 180g pressing and I'm not thrilled the first side of the gatefold is empty / not glued, but it sounds great. Got #92 (also would of preferred they marked the jacket directly with the copy number instead of these generic stickers).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested here is a link to my vinyl pics on tumblr:

http://hologramparade.tumblr.com/search/vinyl
    Last edited by hologram parade; 07-15-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Huh, I swear I'd already followed you on tumblr

Also, so annoyed, Electric Six's new album, Human Zoo, is on limited run orange vinyl, but the Metropolis site won't take my card, and has no paypal or anything option, fml

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Also, so annoyed, Electric Six's new album, Human Zoo, is on limited run orange vinyl, but the Metropolis site won't take my card, and has no paypal or anything option, fml
    How do you know it's on orange vinyl? I don't see that anywhere in the description on the site: http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/...odnum=MET+955V

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Oh, it's on the FB and twitter feeds, no idea why they wouldn't mention it on there.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    for those of you who have a copy of my 7" EP, i finally put it up on discogs.

also, my band, The Elizabeth Dane (a separate entity) is currently running an IndieGogo campaign to get our album pressed on vinyl. we'd really appreciate any help you can give us!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Oh, it's on the FB and twitter feeds, no idea why they wouldn't mention it on there.
    Ok, cool.

Man, collecting Electric Six on vinyl is a very infuriating thing. I have Fire, Flashy, Zodiac, and Absolute Pleasures, but have had scheduling conflicts and haven't been able to make it to a local show in a while, which apparently was the only way to get Heartbeats and Brainwaves or Mustang on vinyl. If you know of anywhere I can still reasonably get those, it would be much appreciated.

I also wish Metropolis would press Kill and Switzerland on vinyl too...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If I knew how to get them, I'd already have them lol. I know people who are selling, but unless you wanna drop over 100 each, I'd say wait on a repress kickstarter, as E6 are kickstarter obsessed now

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Quite a delay on these Jurassic Park LP's. Kinda sucks, I bought mine fas a gift or a JP loving fan who's bday it was last week.
    It depends when you bought it, I think. I already got my record. Was awesome that I received the dilophosaurus splattered vinyl!

Also in regards to Mondo. These 7" Batman The Animated Series vinyls are going on sale tomorrow. Is there any way someone here can snatch me up one (preferably the Harley Quinn one?)? I'll be in the OR tomorrow and won't have my phone on me.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Hey Ryan, I'll try to snag you a HQ 7", but I'm shooting for the man-bat first. Hopefully I can be quick enough to get'em all. I also hope that the Mr. Freeze 7" pops up too

*EDIT* The mail man just dropped these off! I've finally completed my Ministry collection from 1982-1996, after that I consider Ministry's catalog to be the beginning of the end for the band.....

Original 1992 US pressing with hype sticker!

Original 1996 US pressing. Sadly it doesn't have the hype sticker and its also missing the inner credits sleeve But for only $32, I couldn't pass it up!
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-06-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Hey Ryan, I'll try to snag you a HQ 7", but I'm shooting for the man-bat first. Hopefully I can be quick enough to get'em all. I also hope that the Mr. Freeze 7" pops up too
    I appreciate it KB. I hate that they go on sale at 11-noonish every time. It kills me.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I've got the day off and don't plan on going anywhere until the afternoon I'll let you know if I score one or not

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The effort is appreciated. Regardless if you get one or not. Respect!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Sorry to jump in. Feels a little light for a 180g pressing and I'm not thrilled the first side of the gatefold is empty / not glued, but it sounds great. Got #92 (also would of preferred they marked the jacket directly with the copy number instead of these generic stickers).
    Got mine today. Agreed that it does feel a little light for 180g but it sounds great. The sticker deal is strange - I got two copies but only one sticker, #339. Also got the dumb pog thing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The puck used to press the Rob Zombie most likely weighed 180g, but my guess is that some of that was lost after the trimming of the excess around the edges. Rob (the guy behind ETR Records) addressed this over at the VC boards and said that it was completely out of his hands since the pressing plant was responsible. Regardless of that though, the LP is spot on.

@Landshark - Hit up the contact info on ETR records and see if they can supply you with the missing sticker.