Page 98 of 196 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 5855

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    dropped the cash on an "I'm Afraid Of Americans" 12"...

to me, it does sound better than the CD.
    How much did you pay for it?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    About 100$...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS Prick's S/T 1995 album FINALLY getting a vinyl release in May

https://www.srcvinyl.com/prick-prick-lp.html

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    About 100$...
    Holy shit, is that what it's going for these days? I think I paid about $10 for mine.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That's the ave. price I was finding on Discogs, even given relative exchange rates and shipping.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm awaiting 2 records to come in the mail but is taking photos and uploading an album on imgur something I should do to show off what all I got or nah? Like is it worth it haha?
    i post all my new records on instagram (which cross-posts to facebook and tumblr) for cataloging purposes, to show people who care, but mostly for insurance reasons. i have renters' insurance with a specific section for my vinyl, and having my own pictures of my records means i have a proper record of what i own.

anyway, i usually grab the URL of the photos off my tumblr for when i post here, it's super easy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i post all my new records on instagram (which cross-posts to facebook and tumblr) for cataloging purposes, to show people who care, but mostly for insurance reasons. i have renters' insurance with a specific section for my vinyl, and having my own pictures of my records means i have a proper record of what i own.

anyway, i usually grab the URL of the photos off my tumblr for when i post here, it's super easy.
    I'll probably take some photos tonight and post up a link. You can browse what i got, though I must say I don't have nearly enough variety or rarities as some have here haha.

I did:

New additions -

Deafheaven - Demo, Roads To Judah and Sunbather
    Deftones - Around The Fur
    Lana Del Rey - Paradise EP
    My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-19-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Holy shit, is that what it's going for these days? I think I paid about $10 for mine.
    i got lucky and purchased a sealed promo copy on discogs for $35 on January 4th right before he passed and prices started to rise. i consider myself very lucky

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New addition:

Deafheaven - New Bermuda

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    pre-ordered "Humanz" by Gorillaz (though it seems that all the vinyl is sold out... fuckin' glad I did that this morning)
    the 2017 180g reissue of "Get A Grip" by Aerosmith
    "The Potato Farm Tapes" by Ohama
    "Remember Your Black Day" by Vatican Shadow
    "Scientist At The Controls Dub - Rare Dubs 1979-1980" by Scientist
    2016 reissue of "No Protection" by Massive Attack v Mad Professor
    2016 reissue of "Protection" by Massive Attack
    "Where The Mountains Meet The Sky: Folk Music of Ladakh"
    the 2017 180g reissue of "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)" by Ministry
    and lastly a "Donuts" reissue by J Dilla

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Pretty.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I ordered it a few weeks ago. It's pricey, but Ocarina of time is my favorite game of all time. I NEED to have this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Fallujah - Dreamless (clear vinyl)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The 180g 2015 reissue of "No Need To Argue" by The Cranberries

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been trying to slow down a little lately (i say as i'm expecting three SubRosa albums to come in the mail this week) and i haven't had as much time as i'd like to listen to stuff, so i have a bit of a backlog of things i've had for a while. however, i didn't want to wait too long for this new release, so i played it on monday night.

mastodon - emperor of sand
    2xLP on 180g (?) black vinyl
    definitely their best since "crack the skye" and thoroughly enjoyable. looking forward to more listens.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    2015 remastered "The Edges Of Twilight" by The Tea Party (but the cover has print defects...)
    2016 reissue of "King Tubby meets The Agrovators at Dub Station" by Tommy McCook & The Agrovators
    2005 picture disc of "Lateralus" by Tool
    2014 bootleg of "10,000 Days" by Tool
    2017 "Windy City" by Alison Krauss

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just scored this today!

2014 Record Store Day exclusive 7" yellow vinyl with etched artwork on b-side.

I also got 3 more records I'll take photos and post up here tomorrow.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

now playing
    subrosa - no help for the mighty ones
    2xLP on black vinyl, 2016 pressing limited to 300 copies
    i am obsessed with this band. they sound as if a silver mt. zion got REALLY loud, and sophie took over vocal duties for efrim. they also have TWO violin players.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

now playing
    subrosa - more constant than the gods
    2xLP on clear vinyl, 250 copies

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    uh...sorry for the triple post. i hate me a little right now, it's ok.

now playing
    subrosa - for this we fought the battle of ages
    2xLP on clear vinyl, 700 copies
    i can not get enough of this band and really wish i was their bassist or drummer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So I have begrudgingly getting in to a vinyl collection (thanks Trent its not like I don't spend my money on enough other crazy shit), aside from buying all the definitive collection NIN releases, I'm really into buying anything Lou Reed or Brian Eno related. This is my newest purchase a reissue of Fear Of Music my favorite Talking Heads album on green vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

So I have begrudgingly getting in to a vinyl collection (thanks Trent its not like I don't spend my money on enough other crazy shit), aside from buying all the definitive collection NIN releases, I'm really into buying anything Lou Reed or Brian Eno related. This is my newest purchase a reissue of Fear Of Music my favorite Talking Heads album on green vinyl.
    be wary, some of the newer pressings of talking heads albums have shit sound quality. i'd recommend reading reviews on discogs and/or amazon to make sure you get a good version.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    be wary, some of the newer pressings of talking heads albums have shit sound quality. i'd recommend reading reviews on discogs and/or amazon to make sure you get a good version.
    I don't even have a turntable yet, the vinyls I do have are still in the shrink wrap, I bought more as a collectors item. I would imagine the NIN DE's will sound really good and playable. Maybe around the time they ship I might have a turntable I also bought Tool's Lateralus picture disc knowing that I will never play it because the sound quality sucks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I don't even have a turntable yet, the vinyls I do have are still in the shrink wrap, I bought more as a collectors item. I would imagine the NIN DE's will sound really good and playable. Maybe around the time they ship I might have a turntable I also bought Tool's Lateralus picture disc knowing that I will never play it because the sound quality sucks.
    yeah, picture discs are an unfortunate thing that look way cooler than they sound :/
    also, i'd recommend unsealing your shrink-wrapped records, as the shrink can cause damage over time (even if you just slit the edge and pull the records out to put the whole thing in a poly bag).

recent-ish arrival / now playing
    la luna - always already
    12" 45rpm black vinyl
    my friend is friends with this band and was in a music video they made. i'm so glad they got me into them, because i love this music immensely.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe Yeah I know you are right about the shrink wrap I should do that with all the vinyls I have. I have bunch of Bowie picture disc's and colored vinyls that I bought just for collectability not that I will ever listen to them. I did download the newest Drag Majesty based on your recommendation I think on this thread, its killer album I can't stop listening to it.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    My 4-LP set of Pure McCartney arrived!! Can't wait to open it up and enjoy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe Yeah I know you are right about the shrink wrap I should do that with all the vinyls I have. I have bunch of Bowie picture disc's and colored vinyls that I bought just for collectability not that I will ever listen to them. I did download the newest Drag Majesty based on your recommendation I think on this thread, its killer album I can't stop listening to it.
    oh, colored vinyl is great! as long as it's still pressed well, there should be no issues. i have a ton of colored vinyl in my collection. the best, though, is clear, as vinyl is actually clear, so it's the "purest" form.

when i was younger i thought picture discs were essentially two layers of vinyl with a printed piece of something between them (which would make a lot more sense to do and wouldn't affect the sound quality). it was pretty disappointing when i realized i was wrong.